Trade Supplier Apprentice
This listing has expired
As an apprentice at Yesss Electrical your daily duties will include:
- Serving customers over the counter
- Dealing with customers via the phone
- Picking orders from the warehouse
- Booking in deliveries, putting goods away, keeping the whole branch tidy
- Working as part of a tightly knit team to ensure that the branch runs efficiently and effectively
What’s in it for you?
- Starting salary of £7,696 per annum, with a review after the successful completion of your probationary period
- Commencing on 20 days holiday per annum (full time employees) plus Bank Holidays increasing with each completed years’ service up to 25 days plus Bank Holidays
- 40 hours per week
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
Requirements and prospects
- Some Customer Service experience would be an advantage
- Team working skills
- Willingness to learn
- Hardworking and ambitious
- An desire to advance
Maths & English at grades A–C (9-4) or equivalent.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship programme you may be offered the opportunity to progress within the company.
This could include the opportunity of a permanent position within the business.
Things to consider
Parking is available on-site and there are local transport links.
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour as of 1st of April 2018. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds; £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25.
About the employer
With over 50 years’ experience in the electrical wholesale industry, we are an energetic organisation that is part of a very successful European business. With a network of over 400 trading branches across continental Europe, and 100 branches currently open in the UK (with a plan to have 300 open in the next 10 years), there has never been a better time to get on board.
Your full role and responsibilities will be set out by your employer. Yesss Electrical will provide you with all of the on the job training you need to upskill in your role, and your 20% off the job learning will be incorporated as part of your working day.
You will complete a Level 2 Trade Supplier apprenticeship standard delivered through Yesss Electrical’s dedicated training provider, Interserve Learning & Employment.
- Functional Skills (maths, English and ICT) if required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV