Trade Supplier Apprentice
This listing has expired
- Participate fully in the day to day operation of the branch, in order to ensure that our customers receive the best customer service
- Make the most of your Apprenticeship by attending all meetings relating to the scheme and take full advantage of the learning opportunities available to you
- Commit to and maximise the use of 20% of working hours provided for “off the job” training
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic, flexible and resilient attitude when dealing with both customers & colleagues
- Work as part of a team within the branch to meet required deadlines and or targets
- Understand that the role is a mix of all aspects of the business from office and computer based tasks, dealing with customers face to face, and on the phone
- Make suggestions for improving the way we work using your skills and knowledge which you bring to this role
- You’ll be given the training to fully contribute to the branch, which will include safely loading company and customer vehicles
Requirements and prospects
- Keen to learn, with the desire to develop further
- Wants an interesting role, with varied opportunities for progression
- Flexible and adaptable as no two days are ever the same
- Warm and friendly
- Organised, able to manage time efficiently
- Someone who keeps their promises and gets the job done
- Understands the importance of working safely and following health and safety instructions
- Basic computer skills
- Be a good communicator
- Have a can do attitude
- Want to learn
- Be open to getting stuck in and helping wherever needed
- Be customer focussed
- Be willing to work outdoors
You don’t need to have any particular previous experience or qualifications, because we’ll help you learn everything you need to know.
What you’ll get in return
- £5 per hour
- A permanent contract from day one
- 31 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- A dedicated training plan, fully supported by a Training Development Officer who will be on hand when you need them
- Access to a fantastic discounted shopping website
- A generous staff discount scheme
- An opportunity to win our Apprentice of the Year Award
- Genuine career and development opportunities that could take you to level 5 and beyond
About the employer
When people visit an Electricbase branch, we want to leave them with just one impression; that we are a brilliant Electrical Wholesalers.
Whether you are serving people in the branch, working in the warehouse or out interacting with customers in the yard, your role is to help our customers get the great service they deserve. That might mean answering a simple question, loading a vehicle or dealing with a more complex issue, such as advising a customer on a particular product for a certain job.
We are looking for someone who can thrive in a customer focussed environment, who enjoys problem solving and is motivated to progress in their career.
What you’ll be taught
We will give you in depth training on our products as well as how a branch fully functions, this includes:
- Yard/warehouse: Learning our products and how we store/allocate stock.
- Transport: Learning how goods are transported to customers and how orders are routed. You will also cover vehicle upkeep and maintenance.
- Branch admin: Learning how to query deliveries, stock ordering procedures and filing procedures.
- Trade counter: Learn how to process orders and transactions, serve customers effectively and develop stock knowledge.
ESG (SKILLS) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Interserve Learning & Employment
REGISTER YOUR CV