Trainee Dental Nurse Apprenticeship
This listing has expired
Hedon Dental practice is a friendly dental practice based in the heart of Hedon in East Yorkshire. Part of the East Yorkshire Dental Studios Group, we offer exceptional dental treatment to all ages
Hedon Dental practice is a friendly dental practice based in the heart of Hedon in East Yorkshire. Part of the East Yorkshire Dental Studios Group, we offer exceptional dental treatment to all ages.
As an Apprentice Dental Nurse you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care so you need to be unflappable under pressure and able to put people at ease. You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career. Your daily activities could include:
• sterilising instruments
• updating patient records
• maintaining equipment
• preparing instruments and materials for various treatments
• being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery
During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments.
We are looking for a Trainee Dental Nurse to undertake an apprenticeship with the practice. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a qualification and earn at the same time.
Some of your duties could include:
- assisting the dentists with suction, passing instruments and mixing/passing materials.
- setting up and preparing the surgery before the start of each session
- Sending out lab work and ensuring lab work is back for a patients appointment.
- Developing x-rays
- Cleaning and sterilising instruments
- Greeting and caring for patients
- Maintaining a clean environment
- Working on reception including answering the phone and booking appointments
A – C Grade at GCSE
- good communication skills
- a good team player.
REGISTER YOUR CV