Trainee Leisure Duty Manager Apprenticeship
Trainee Leisure Duty Manager Apprenticeship VAC-39222
The Trainee Duty Manager will focus day to day on the following tasks: –
▪ To ensure all Health & Safety procedures and responsibilities are carried out at all times, and oversee regular evacuation from the Centre as directed by the Duty Manager.
▪ To deputise for the Duty Manager as requested.
▪ To assist the Duty Manager in providing appropriate staff training and development.
▪ To act as a member of the Leisure Centre Management Team on a shift rota system, during opening hours of the Centre taking shift responsibility for the operation of the centre, subject to satisfactory completion of necessary training.
▪ To ensure the provision of a clean, high quality facility and exciting and innovative Leisure Centre programmes.
▪ To identify and assess the feasibility of new activities which the Centre could provide and to raise these with the Duty Manager
▪ To help the Duty Manager ensure all staff are kept informed of the Centre’s activities and special events.
▪ To help achieve maximum levels of participation in all courses and activities. Monitoring cost effectiveness and highlighting and rectifying areas of low performance as directed by the Duty Manager.
▪ To produce performance records, statistics, targets and reports for programming and associated activities as directed by the Duty Manager
▪ To assist in the marketing and publicity of all activities and events and develop distribution networks for promotional materials and merchandising of products.
▪ To help ensure sufficient staff are available for the safe, high quality functioning of the Centre.
▪ To assist in the management of the Leisure Centre’s quality assurance systems and procedures.
▪ To coach and teach as required and generally assist with the running of events.
▪ To undertake maintenance and cleaning duties as required.
▪ To act as a main key holder for the Centre and be responsible for opening and closing of the building and emergency call-outs.
▪ To undertake any regulatory requirements.
▪ To be responsible and accountable for cash handling as required.
▪ To undertake any other duties as may be required by the Centre Manager to ensure that the business objectives of the contract are achieved.
You will be expected to work evenings and weekends over 40 hours per week.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Fitness and Active Leisure
Working Week : Shift work
Weekly Wage : £304.00
Application Deadline: 30-10-2018
Possible Start Date : 06-11-2018
REGISTER YOUR CV