Undergraduate Industrial Placement 2019 – Civil, Structural or Electrical Design Engineering
This listing has expired
Closing Date – applications are open until 12th April 2019; however Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the programme:
Undergraduates will complete a one year Industrial Placement within our business commencing in summer/autumn 2019.
Our Engineering undergraduate roles will be office based; however, occasionally we have site based placements available depending on project requirements.
Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience of overhead line, cabling or substation design engineering to support your studies. You will be given guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us as we want you to make a valid contribution to the business throughout your placement. So in order that you develop quickly, you will be given a real taster of the role including site and office based experience as early as possible.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Carrying out design calculations for the appropriate discipline
- Preparing design Statements, sketches and Risk Assessments
- Measure progress against project plans
- Assist Project Design Manager with planning and project progress
- Producing design sketches to enable drawing production
Your time with us will help you gain valuable experience should you aspire to specialize in Civil, Structural or Electrical design Engineering.
What we’re looking for:
- Have a flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change (you may be required to relocate as part of the programme)
- Have a team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Have a driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
What you’ll need:
- Be studying for a BEng (Hons) in Civil or Electrical Engineering, expecting to achieve a 2:1
- Have a full, clean UK driving licence
- Be eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
Why work for us
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme or other permanent position, subject to further assessments.
REGISTER YOUR CV