Undergraduate Industrial Placement 2019 – Software Engineer
This listing has expired
About the role
Undergraduate Industrial Placement 2019 – Software Engineer based in York and Derby
Who we are:
We are an international infrastructure group providing innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables growth. We finance, develop, build and maintain complex infrastructure such as transportation, power and utility systems and social and commercial buildings. Each year we seek the best Graduates to come and join our ever changing business.
What you’ll be doing
About the programme:
Undergraduates will complete a one year Industrial Placement within our business commencing in summer/autumn 2019.
Our aim is to provide you with an insight into our business, whilst gaining valuable experience in Software engineering to support your studies. You will be given guidance and support you need to ensure you make the most of your time with us as we want you to make a valid contribution to the business throughout your placement.
You will develop robust maintainable software for projects allocated by the business and support the full project lifestyle as required from requirements capture through to final testing.
Some of the tasks may include undertaking design, analysis and development activities in line with the business software development process, software quality plans, and all other internal quality processes.
Your time with us will help you gain valuable experience specialising in Software Engineering.
Who we’re looking for
To be considered for our undergraduate roles you’ll:
• Be studying for a BEng (Hons) or MEng (Hons) in Software Engineering, expecting to achieve a 2:1
• Experience of Visual Studio development environment
• Basic understanding of LINQ, SQL, SQL Server, Lambda expressions
• Have a full UK driving licence
• Be eligible to work and live permanently in the UK
• Have a flexible approach to work and able to adapt to change
• Have a team focus with the ability to communicate and build relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels
• Have a driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative and influence key decisions
Our Software Engineers will be based in our Rail ETS division
Why work for us
Rewards and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary dependent on your year of study and any other previous experience. You may also be invited to return for further work placements and ultimately a place on the Balfour Beatty Graduate Scheme, subject to further assessments.
REGISTER YOUR CV