VINCI PLC – Human Resources Apprentice
This listing has expired
VINCI designs and builds structures and infrastructure that address major issues facing society – global warming, population growth and increasing mobility.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an advanced apprentice to provide HR support to the Head of HR and HR Managers. You will need to advise, support and manage individual or team-based human resources issues and problems, delivering information and services that meets both the short and longer-term objectives of the business, consistently, on time and to standard.
Specific Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Administering various HR processes & procedures
- Inputs and extracts information from HR Information Systems
- Liaising with the payroll team where necessary
- Maintaining up to date employee files
- Compiles and updates TUPE Schedules
- Responding to frequent unpredictable requests for support, advice and guidance
- Provides the business with accurate and timely information/advice on employment law, policies and procedures, ensuring their effective, fair and consistent application within the bounds of best practice and in line with the organisation values and relevant regulations
- Screening of emails through proxy access of both Head of HR and HR Manager(s) when out of the office and identifying those to be forwarded on, dealing with general enquiries and flagging those that should be dealt with by the Manager, where emails are urgent contacting relevant HR Manager.
- Provides administrative support to Head of HR/HR Manager(s)
- Deals with general telephone enquiries in the absence of HR Manager(s)
- Manages and prioritises own workload as appropriate in order to meet critical deadlines
- Producing Moment in Time report each month for Divisional Managing Director and Divisional Directors.
- Monitoring long term sickness absence and sick pay in line with individual terms and conditions
- Recording of sickness certificates
- Production of monthly absence reports and actions required for the VF HR team
- Production of ad-hoc reports for the VF HR team, senior management teams and sites
- Arranging team meetings and 1:1s
- Preparation and dissemination of agendas for team meeting
A minimum of GCSE Grade C in maths & English or grade 5 or equivalent BTEC.
The ideal candidate would have previous HR experience and be in a preferably senior role with HR experience. The ideal person would want to expand their role and eventually become a member of the Chartered Institute of Professional Development.
- Fully committed to learning the job.
- Not afraid of hard work.
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
REGISTER YOUR CV