Volunteering Development Apprentice VAC-30398
This listing has expired
The Volunteering Development Apprentice will play a key role in championing volunteering across the charity, advising and supporting all Marie Curie teams on how to recruit, manage and recognise volunteers effectively.
This role will also support the Volunteering department in its aim to grow the volunteering programme and increasing the contribution of volunteers, taking Marie Curie to the forefront of volunteering in the UK.
You will be reporting to the regionally based Volunteering Development Manager who is responsible for a high quality volunteer and volunteer management experience in their region. This will include ensuring that locally based volunteer managers have all the tools and resources they need to recruit, retain and recognize their volunteers.
This role will also involve directly supporting the hospice you are based in and others in the local area with their recruitment, induction and training of volunteers. As well as supporting the running of volunteer recruitment events, information sessions and recognition evenings.
Accountabilities (Duties & Responsibilities)
• Support the Head of Volunteering and Volunteer Management Team with the on-going development of volunteering to achieve the charity’s ambitions.
• Support the Head of Volunteering and Volunteer Management Team to build relationships across the charity ensuring that volunteering is well represented, at the forefront of manager’s minds and an integral part of the organisational development and operations.
• To work with teams across the charity to develop diverse and engaging volunteering opportunities, ensuring projects and roles are consistent and fit within the larger volunteering strategy
• You will be responsible for the recruitment, induction and training of volunteers in one of the hospices in your region.
• You will work closely with Regional and Corporate Fundraising teams and our shops to support them with the development of volunteering opportunities to support their work in line with their individual plans and strategies.
• To identify areas of potential growth for volunteering and work with the Volunteering Development Manager to take them forward with the relevant teams
• You will coordinate the local volunteer forums enabling volunteers to have a meaningful voice in the direction and future of volunteering at Marie Curie
• You will coordinate local volunteer recognition in all its forms- ensuring volunteers feel valued for the inspirational work they do.
• You will coordinate communications to volunteers in your area including planning, creation and delivery of monthly mass communications to volunteers to promote volunteering opportunities and increase retention and direct asks
• Any other activity deemed relevant and appropriate by the Head of Volunteering, Director of Corporate Services or the Chief Executive.
Position Type: Apprenticeship
Sector: Business & Admin
Working Week : 35hrs per week
Weekly Wage : £280.70
Application Deadline: 18-12-2017
Possible Start Date : 25-12-2017
REGISTER YOUR CV