Web Developer Apprentice – Rotherham (S63) – 16703
This listing has expired
Bluetree Group is the fastest growing print business in the UK.
We are an established, yet rapidly expanding retailer and manufacturer or print and have achieved a Virgin Sunday Times Fast Track 100 ranking for two years running, along with appearing in the ‘1000 companies to inspire Britain’ LSE listings. Operating through many Brands, including Instantprint.co.uk, Instantprint Pro, Route1Print.co.uk and Bluetree Connect, we target all sectors of the market; from small & micro businesses to the largest FTSE 100 Companies. Through advanced production technology, the power of the Web and a clear vision of the future, we are revolutionising the Print industry and as part of our expansion, we are now recruiting additional team members to join our business.
Job overview / purpose:
Bluetree Design are currently on the lookout for a web developer apprentice to undertake a Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship in which you will work alongside our successful and ever growing team.
We are looking for a candidate who will be responsible for building .NET applications using but not limited to:
- C# MVC .NET, .NET CORE
- AngularJS, JQuery, JS
Other duties include:
- Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop web applications using test driven development
- coordinate with the rest of the team working on different services within the architecture
- You’ll also be collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
Main role: [will include but not be limited to]:
What a day looks like.
- 9:00am Start the day with the daily stand up, tell everyone what you achieved yesterday and what awesome stuff you are going to do today
- 9:30am Grab a coffee to turbo charge your coding
- 10:30am Sit down with the team and go through upcoming work making sure everyone knows what is happening. And then back to coding
- 12:30pm Grab some lunch with the team and enjoy a little break
- 1pm Get back to development and work with your mentor to solve the problem with the code
- 2pm Build some more awesome stuff
- 4pm Watch a webinar/course on a new piece of tech or improve your skills
- 5pm Ensure your code is committed and ready to pick up again tomorrow
- 5:30pm Time to go home a take a break you earned it!
In order to be successful in this role, the chosen candidate will have:
- Strong communication skills and be able to integrate and work alongside the team
- A passion for software
- Strong ambition to pursue a career within the Software sector
- Experience of working with .NET applications at some level
- Have completed a Software Development Technician Level 3 apprenticeship.
Desired qualification requirements:
Have a minimum of 5 GCSE Grades A-C, including Maths and English.
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
9am – 5:30pm,
37.5 hours a week, [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£15,000 -£18,000 per annum
- BUPA healthcare following 3 months of employment
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme
- 22 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- The opportunity to work in a progressive and revolutionary business
- Unrivalled development opportunities
- Working in a modern, open plan office environment
- Relaxed dress code
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
REGISTER YOUR CV