Royal Mail Group Apprentice Service Technician Royal Mail Fleet Workshop York
This listing has expired
Description of vacancy: As a Service Technician you will be involved in all aspects of maintenance and repair from routine servicing to the complete component overhaul of vehicle systems.
Technicians are also vital to customer care. The service provided by the workshop is a major factor considered by customers when they decide to replace their car.
Main duties for this service technician vacancy include the following;
• Marking out & measuring, basic hand tools
• Bumper to bumper overview, service and inspection
• Body materials & Construction
• Engine mechanical
• Cooling and lubrication, air & exhaust
• Ignition petrol fuel, CI fuels
• Braking systems, suspension, steering, wheels and tyres
• Charging and starter, electrical auxiliaries, lighting
• Clutches, manual/auto gearboxes, drivelines
How many positions will be available? 1
Weekly wage? 132.00
Working week? 40 Hours per week
Future prospects? Qualifications to Achieve – On completion of the Advanced Apprenticeship you will receive the following qualifications:-
• VCQ Level 2 progressing to VCQ Level 3, in Maintenance and Repair of Light Vehicles
• Key and Core Skills Certificates
• IMI Technical Certificate
• Advanced Apprenticeship Completion Certificate
Employer description Service Technician within a dealership, carrying out general services and Mot’s.
Skills required: None Required. Full training will be given.
Personal qualities: You must have a genuine interest working in the automotive sector and be committed to the three year apprenticeship programme.
Qualifications required: A minimum of three GCSE’s grades A-C in English, Maths and Science or the equivalent.
Please do not contact dealership, we are main point of contact for this vacancy and carry out a full recruitment service for the local dealer. Approaching the dealer directly will not always help your application.
Important other information:
• Working away / outdoors
• Shift work The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
REGISTER YOUR CV