We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing (BS&O) team are essential to meeting our clients' changing needs. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in helping our teams around the world collaborate. The team helps international clients manage their accounting needs by drawing on BDO’s expertise and investing in processes, systems and people to solve a huge range of challenges. The graduate programme offers the opportunity to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles. If you can show initiative and the potential for exceptional problem-solving skills, you’ll gain a unique insight into how business works across the world.
We’ll help you succeed
The BS&O Apprenticeship Programme is your opportunity to combine work experience with achieving your professional qualifications. We’ll provide the training in skills, behaviours and professional knowledge you’ll need not just to pass your exams, but also to become an exceptional BDO advisor. Our pass results are often up to 10% above the national average. This is a unique opportunity to qualify in a working environment with a network of exceptional colleagues who will be invested in helping you achieve your full potential.
Programme & Qualification
BDO offer the globally recognised Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) qualification as a Level 7 apprenticeship programme, enabling individuals to become qualified chartered accountants and member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). The ACA qualification and apprenticeship provides a broad range of accounting, finance and business skills. It opens a wealth of opportunities. The duration of this programme is 48 months.
Service Charge Accounting
• Reviewing client responses and following up on outstanding issues by phone and email
• Preparation of statement of service charge expenditure
• Preparation of independent accountants’ reports
• Preparation of client required schedules – both internal and those to be issued with draft reports
• Liaising with clients as needed, dealing with issues which may arise, escalating to senior/manager as required
• Work in accordance with agreed KPIs
Global Business Services
• Posting of purchase invoices and payments into accounting systems and assisting with preparation of monthly management accounts
• Assisting with the review and processing of monthly payroll and employee expenses
• Set up of client payments on banking systems
• Assist with the preparation of month management accounts
• Liaising with BDO offices overseas
• Work in accordance with tight client reporting timescales
• Providing a point of contact for the client
• Act as a responsible representative of the firm in all dealings with the client
• Identify and understand client needs, communicating and agreeing these with the senior and the manager
• Rigorous project and financial management on all accounting work
• Day to day contact with all members of the team and wider firm so that strong working relationships are developed
• Acting as a responsible member of the team, providing support, development and guidance to other members of the team
• Actively seeking self-development feedback
• Producing work for senior and manager review which requires little further input, clearly highlights issues and provides potential solutions to issues identified
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
When you join us
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you’re right for us, you’ll thrive in an environment built to help you succeed. We’re looking for someone with:
• Three A-levels or equivalent at A* to C excluding General Studies and Extended Projects (obtained or predicted)
• A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE/Scottish Standards or equivalent (non-UK qualifications also considered)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well as offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
• 25 days’ holiday;
• access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
• life assurance cover;
• and income protection insurance.