Mammalian Cell Culture Scientist
|Salary and Benefits:||£14.55/hour 37 hour week|
|Post Code:||Not specified|
United Kingdom (Show on map)
You must be able to start within 2 weeks of an offer.|
Due to location of the Lab, it is ideal to habe your own car.
We are not looking to relocate candidates for this role.
The purpose of the role is to contribute to the quality assessment of viral vaccines, supporting staff within the Division of Virology. The work will be focused on mammalian cell culture and running cell and molecular assays to confirm the biological characteristics of viral vaccines. There will be a need to work accurately within a quality system (ISO17025) and to tight deadlines.
- Have significant responsibility for culturing mammalian cell lines: maintaining cultures, documenting growth and passage characteristics, preparing cells for assays;
- Contribute to the management of the area's cell culture and general laboratories, including but not limited to stock control, consumable ordering, record keeping, equipment validation and calibration, and general house-keeping activities
- Perform practical cell-based assays to assess the potency of vaccines and molecular qPCR assays
- Work to a quality system - ISO17025 - and demonstrate a high standard of accurate data documentation, record keeping and report generation
- Work to tight timeframes, demonstrating good communication with other staff and a willingness to be flexible, sometimes at short notice
The job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the postholder.
BSc or MSc in a relevant biological science
ref: (212489114) 4 days agoBack to search results