Site Engineer in Birmingham
Birmingham Competitive CV-Library
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Salary and Benefits:||Competitive|
|Post Code:||Not specified|
ENG B1 United Kingdom GB Birmingham England West Midlands B10 B11 B12 B16 B18 B19 B2 B3 B34 (Show on map)
Engineer - Birmingham - HS2 Enabling Works|
Murphy's looking for a proactive and technically minded Engineer to provide the project with accurate, informed interpretation of the specified project technical requirements. You will provide support to the project management and site team on all technical matters, providing some management support to the site manager.
As part of HS2 enabling works, we have been awarded various Work Packages. The project focus is highways and utility diversion and comprises of heavy earthworks, roadworks (tarmac, signalling, fencing white lining), traffic management, deep drainage works, multiple utilities diversions, non-contestable utility connections and construction of attenuation pond with the associated penstock chambers and outfalls.
* Where required supervision of assistant engineers and junior engineers.
* Accurate setting out of the works and dimensional control.
* Resolving technical problems at all levels.
* Carry out inspections in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan in a timely manner.
* The production of survey information and red - lined drawings for the completion of the As-built records.
* Ensuring activities are carried out in safe manner in accordance with the Project Safety Plan.
* Accurate maintenance of Quality Management System records.
* Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date and suitable checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers' defined requirements.
* Ensure the site diary is accurately maintained noting against each record the date, location and serial number of equipment used.
* Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the Contract requirements using the appropriate agreed procedures.
* Makes sure that only competent personnel are used to carry out the Works. Policies the outputs to confirm that the required level of quality is maintained.
* Co-ordination and supervision of Sub-contractors in the performance of the Works.
* Informing senior management of any non-conformances or poor workmanship.
* Ensure all site personnel have clear, accurate and appropriate information to carry out their duties.
* Minimises environmental disturbance during construction works.
* Supervises the outputs and confirms that the project environmental requirements are met.
* Close liaison with the Site Foreman and Works Managers.
* Ensure that only the latest issue drawings and documents are being used.
* Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer's recommendations current working practice, contract specification or project requirements.
* Assist the Site Management team to update KPI's, material reconciliation and progress reports.
* Construction Experience - 3-4 Years
* Setting Out and Surveying techniques
* Drafting Risk Assessment & Method Statements
* IT Skills
ref: (212145555) 11 days agoBack to search results