Quality Assurance Engineer in London
London Competitive Adzuna
|Salary and Benefits:||Competitive|
|Post Code:||Not specified|
ENG EC1A United Kingdom GB London England Greater London EC1M EC1N EC1R EC1V EC1Y EC2A EC2M EC2N EC2P (Show on map)
The International Quality for Alexa team focuses on expanding Alexa's capabilities on a global scale. We take on the unique challenge of understanding the nuances of how Alexa enabled devices can serve customers' needs in different cultures and locations. Our mission is to ensure Alexa understands our international customers and that the VUI experience is linguistically, culturally and contextually appropriate on the device of their choice.If you are interested in shaping the future of Alexa for customers around the world, come and join our team.The Role:Software Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs) test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QAEs use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. QAEs work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. QAEs also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. QAEs are also responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies. As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Automation, you will work with consumer application testing expertise. You will join the team of hands-on, pro-active, self-motivated and seasoned SQA professionals. This role requires relocation to a regional hub.In this role, you will:|
• Develop and execute automated tests and test plans
• Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
• Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
• Finding, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
• Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
• Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
• Ensure the highest quality product delivery, working with a team of quality engineering professionals
• Evaluate product functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess product quality.
• Evaluating and integrate open source and in house developed toolsetsBasic qualificationsBasic Qualifications: Fluent in UK English.
• Native-speaking level proficiency in English is essential.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
• 3 years of Software QA testing experience.
• Experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer-oriented products.
• Demonstrated experience in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools.
• Software QA automation experience working with one or more of the following technologies: Python, Java, Android.
• Demonstrated experience creating status reports based on automation results.
• Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities among multiple teams.Preferred qualification
• Experience working in an Agile environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
• Ability to define test methodologies across different products. Analysis of device system performance vs. expected results
• Development of quality validation and test plans for consumer electronic device experience from proof-of-concept to mass production.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics.
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment, in close contact with development and business teams to understand business requirements and to communicate problem impacts, cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
• Experience with AWS technologies
• Experience with business intelligence tools, techniques and technology, or experience in analytics, business analysis or comparable consumer analytics solutions.
ref: (1582715427) 2 days agoBack to search results