Executive Medical Director / Lead UK and Ireland
|Salary and Benefits:||Competitive|
|Post Code:||Not specified|
United Kingdom (Show on map)
Executive Medical Director / Lead UK and Ireland |
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference.We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Executive Medical Director - UK & Ireland
Division: Major Markets Medical
Functional Area Description
Build UK & Ireland reputation and visibility at the international level.
- Ensure appropriate participation of UK & Ireland in international trials.
-Ensure clinical programs provide the commercial organisation with timely, practical scientific data and publications which ultimately contribute to the wellbeing of patients.
- Manage unexpected events or issues such as the early close of a study
- Contribute to the development of Local and Global Medical Plans, and overall Brand Plans
Position Summary / Objective
Provide a comprehensive and proactive Medical service that encompasses Medical Affairs, Medical Information, Health Technology Assessment and Pharmacovigilance.
- Establish and maintain strong business partnership with Commercial and other functions to drive overall business strategy.
- Accountable for all legal aspects relating to local Medical activities.
- Manage Medical budgets and resource allocation.
Conduct annual and mid-term performance reviews with direct reports and lead Talent Audits. Provide coaching and feedback to develop talent and manage performance.
- Translate business objectives into individual goals for direct reports and help direct reports define personal development goals and career development opportunities
- Coach and mentor physicians within Medical Department
- Promote a culture of innovation, constructive challenge and accountability, team spirit and cross-functional collaboration, decision-making balanced by speed, risk and rigor within the Medical Department that is based on ensuring the wellbeing of patients
- Interact with government bodies and non-governmental organisations
- Ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, as well as with legal and ethical standards
- Act as a role model who demonstrates consistent ethical and professional behaviour
- Help Disease Area Specialists assess promotional materials to ensure that all claims are fully supported by scientific data, and are presented in an accurate, fair and balanced manner. Ensure effective review and sign off procedures for promotional materials are carried out in accordance with regulatory, legal and ethical guidelines
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
By fostering a culture of inclusion, we empower this 21st century workforce to achieve our company's mission of helping patients to prevail over serious diseases.Explore Job Opportunities
A clear purpose. An inclusive culture. The chance to work at the top of your field. These are a few of the reasons Bristol Myers Squibb is the right choice for your next career move.
Are you ready for a career where you make a profound difference? We invite you to visit us at one of our events to learn more.
Bristol Myers Squibb endeavors to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
The Physician Payment Sunshine Act (Sunshine Act) requires Bristol Myers Squibb to report any transfers of value, including payments made to reimburse interview-related expenses, for candidates who are US-licensed physicians. U.S. licensed Physicians covered by the Sunshine Act include Doctors of Medicine, Osteopathy, Dentistry, Dental Surgery, Podiatry, Optometry and Chiropractic Medicine who are licensed to practice medicine in the U.S. This information will be reported to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) on an annual basis and CMS shall post submitted data on its public database. For more information, click here.
Bristol Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here . If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here: EEO is the LAW and Supplemental Information.