Derby City Council Apprenticeships are a great way for you to take your first steps onto the career ladder while earning and learning. Derby City Council recognises that full time study isn’t for everyone but that shouldn’t mean you can’t continue your learning experience while gaining credible qualifications and kick-starting your career.
Watch this video to learn more:
What do Derby City Council Apprenticeships involve?
Derby City Council Apprenticeships involves a work-based learning programme that combines on the job training and academic study which enables you to develop your knowledge while gaining real life work experience, highly sought skills and a nationally recognised qualification which is relevant to the industry you’re passionate about starting a career in.
Want to start earning your own money and getting a head start on your profession? Derby City Council Apprenticeships last for a minimum of 12 months and some will last longer and are offered at both Level 2 (equal to 5 GCSE passes) and Level 3 (equivalent to 2 A-Levels).
Derby City Council offer a broad variety of Apprenticeships which include the following:
- Business administration
- Customer service
- Teaching assistant
- Other job roles, depending on vacancies
There are an extensive range of benefits to being an apprentice at Derby City Council which includes the following:
- Improving job prospects
- You’ll get paid
- You’ll be working in employment Monday – Friday (37 hours a week)
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Gain experience while working alongside industry experts
- Working towards nationally recognised qualifications
- Develop job specific skills
- Be supported and encourage from your employer, colleagues and learning mentors
Derby City Council requirements depend on the vacancy you’re applying for but generally include the following:
- English and Maths A – C or equivalent. IT skills are also useful
- Committed and enthusiastic about working for Derby City Council and gaining qualifications
- Good communication skills
- Team worker
- Customer focused
Ready to kick-start your career while earning and learning?