With a lot of people investing their money in real estate due to the high returns, the great values and the least risk, the demand for estate agents is on the rise.
Even at the height of the housing collapse, people were snatching up distressed properties and trying to turn lemons into lemonade. Real estate is an imperishable asset in times of prosperity and times of financial distress. There are always people looking for it.
An Estate Agency Apprenticeship is the perfect training for the experience to go into public life because you learn to accept rejection, learn to meet new people, learn to work with people and find common ground. That’s the way you sell houses… that’s also the way you win over a constituency.
What would I be doing?
You will usually specialise in one area of estate agency, such as:
1. Residential Sales Agent
2. Residential Lettings Agent
3. Commercial Sales Agent
4. Commercial Lettings Agent
5. Rural Estate Agent
To be successful in the estate industry you must always and consistently put your clients’ best interests first. You must learn that selling isn’t selling; it is providing and the key to providing is knowing in advance what to provide. You must know your clients’ needs and meet them.
With so many clients, properties, leads, transactions, community involvement, and marketing efforts, I think it’s important to remember that there is a limit to the number of things you can accomplish in a day. Once you accept that, you’ll be better at prioritising what is most important and setting attainable daily goals.
What would my responsibilities include?
As an Apprentice Estate Agent in Rotherham under supervision you will:
- Collect information about a property
- Visit and talk to the sellers about their property
- Market and promote properties for sale
- Monitor sales as they proceed and liaise with all interested parties including mortgage brokers, solicitors, surveyors and other estate agents
- Advise clients and help buyers decide what they want to buy
- Make sure that the price agreed is acceptable to both buyer and seller
- Keep up to date with trends in the relevant property market
If you work in the lettings area of estate agency under supervision you will:
- Vet prospective tenants by collecting references and carrying out credit checks
- Ensure properties meet legal and health and safety requirements
- Draw up tenancy agreement contracts
- Collect or organise rent payments
There’s plenty of competition in the real estate business. As the economy fluctuates, the number of active agents follows suit to a degree, but there is never a time when you’re the only option in town. If you find yourself modelling your business and marketing strategies after everyone else you see, it’s time to step outside the box. Find what makes you unique and help potential clients to see that.