Straight from Liverpool docks … now to the warehouse.
So what is a warehouse?
Warehouses are required to store products and goods, perishable and non-perishable, for further distribution. People working in these buildings ensure products have been well sorted with suitable environment conditions for each item. They are also required every time products need to be loaded on a vehicle or receiving new goods for storing.
A warehouse could store anything from clothes to food to drinks or tobacco and everything in between. Anything you can sell will be stored in a warehouse.
What will I be doing as a warehouse apprentice?
As a warehouse apprentice your daily responsibilities will be the following:
- Demonstrate care and attention to handle stock and assets throughout the whole supply chain process
- Working with the current stores person, you will maintain high levels of stock availability to keep the operational departments supplied
- Ensure damage is kept to a minimum and recorded if occurs
- Increase knowledge of company products and parts required
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual stock checks and audits
- Able to steadily increase productivity levels to meet company targets, whilst maintaining quality standards
- Develop knowledge of company quality policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Ensure effective communication across the business
The ideal candidate will be physically fit for this labour intensive role, with good timekeeping and a positive attitude essential. Health and safety awareness is also required, but this will also be covered during your induction. Most importantly, you should be hard working, and excited to work in a team.
With experience, you could progress to team leader, shift supervisor and eventually manager. Fancy a change? Don’t worry, you could move into quality control, freight planning or distribution.
Apply for warehouse Apprenticeships at Careermap today