Degree Apprenticeships are the perfect career route if you’re eager to enter employment and gain a degree qualification without the debt associated with university. Degree Apprenticeships provide the opportunity to gain a bachelor’s degree (Level 6) or master’s degree (Level 7).
What do degree Apprenticeships involve?
Degree Apprenticeships involve part time study at university or college with the rest of your time being in full time employment. If you’re looking for a debt free degree, then a degree Apprenticeship can offer you just that and will enable you to gain essential work experience and develop highly sought skills.
Degree Apprenticeships can take between three to six years to complete depending on the course type and level. Due to degree Apprenticeships being quite new so there are limited vacancies however that is expected to grow over the next few years.
Watch this video to find out more:
There are a wide range of benefits to a degree Apprenticeship including the following:
- All your tuition fees are paid for
- You’ll earn a real wage
- You can earn a degree in a work-based environment
- You can get a head start on your chosen career and gain relevant experience and skills
Apprenticeships are gradually undergoing change. By 2020 it is expected that all Apprenticeship frameworks will have been replaced by standards. There is a broad range of degree Apprenticeship standards currently available for delivery and others are still undergoing developments.
Currently ready for delivery are the following degree Apprenticeships:
- Academic Professional
- Clinical Practitioner
- Aerospace Engineer
- Aerospace Software Development Engineer
- Building Services Design Engineer
- Building Services Engineering Site Management
- Chartered Legal Executive
- Chartered Manager
- Chartered Surveyor
- Civil Engineer
- Civil Engineering Site Management
- Control/Technical Support Engineer
- Digital and Technology Solutions
- Electrical/Electronic Technical Support Engineer
- Embedded Electronic Systems Design and Development Engineer
- Financial Services
- Food and Drink Engineer
- Food Industry Technical Professional
- Geospatial Mapping and Science
- Healthcare Science Practitioner
- Laboratory Scientist
- Licensed Conveyance
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Non-destructive Testing Engineer
- Nuclear Scientist and Nuclear Engineer
- Outside Broadcasting Engineer
- Police Constable
- Postgraduate Engineer
- Power Engineer
- Process Automation Engineer
- Product Design and Development Engineer
- Registered Nurse
- Relationship Manager
- Science Industry Process/Plant Engineer
- Senior Head of Facilities Management
- Senior Compliance/Risk Specialist
- Senior Insurance Professional
- Senior Investment/Commercial Banking
- Senior Leader
- Systems Engineering
To check out what degree Apprenticeship standards are still being developed you can visit the Institute for Apprenticeships.
Applying for Degree Apprenticeships
Are you ready to take the leap and apply for a degree Apprenticeship? Check out Careermap for the latest vacancies.