Have you always fancied yourself as a medical expert? Do you use Google as a self diagnosis, even though 9 times out of 10 you end up convincing yourself that you’re on death door; when really it’s just a bit of a runny nose and a cough? Have you ever thought about being a Pharmacist Assistant? Well if not, maybe you should.
What is a Pharmacist Assistant?
A pharmacy assistant does exactly what it says on the tin, they assist under the direction of a registered pharmacists to order, prepare, dispense and stock medicines.
What will I do?
As a Pharmacist Assistant Apprentice you’ll do the following:
- Handling prescriptions
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Generating stock lists and labels
- Ordering items
- Delivering medicines to hospitals and patients unable to get to chemists
- Answering customer questions face to face and via telephone
- Referring questions and issues to the pharmacist
What personal attributes do I need?
To work as a pharmacist assistant apprentice you’ll need to be:
- Accurate and methodical
- Able to pay close attention to detail
- Understanding of the law and guideline on medicine,
- Able to read and follow instructions
- Interested in the public’s health
- Clear and concise when explaining to public the guidelines
As long as you’re a people person, with good communication, customer service, and IT skills, you’ve hit the jackpot!
Find Pharmacist Assistant Apprenticeships at Careermap