Friendly makes sales – and friendly generates repeat business. Impeccable customer service skills revolve around call centre productivity. Your attitude towards the customer determines their attitude towards you.
Call Centres are centralised offices required to receive and transmit large volumes of telephone requests. These companies offer information and product support to customers. You’ll also handle faxes, letters, emails and live chat sessions.
Call centre agents usually perform many of the following tasks:
- Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Seize opportunities to upsell products when they arise
- Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by taking the extra mile
- Keep records of all conversations in our call centre database in a comprehensible way
- Frequently attend educational seminars to improve knowledge and performance level
- Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets
- Providing guidance/Advising about products in stock
If you want to be successful as a call centre Apprenticeship, it really is simple. Learn about the company and what you are doing. Love what you are doing and believe in what you are doing. This will be communicated in your voice and calls, with so much enthusiasm and belief, ask yourself how could anyone say no?
Always remember; if you don’t have your customers best interests at heart then someone else will. You’re never going to be the only company that sells, you’re never going to be the only company that offers the same services as you, so set yourself apart from other companies. If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.
What type of businesses offer call centre apprenticeships?
A range of businesses offer call centre Apprenticeships in Newcastle, you could be working in any of the following areas:
- Insurance companies
- Gas/Water and Electricity companies
- Internet (companies that advertise via website and social media)
- Holiday companies
- Mobile phone networks (Vodafone, o2, EE ect)
These examples are just a few but there are hundreds of other companies out there in Newcastle and around the Newcastle area.
You can climb up the ladder with experience in a call centre group, they are far from dead ends that offer no rewards or prospects. Call centre jobs are surprisingly diverse and, even more surprisingly, they can offer considerable career growth. Who knows where it could take you; you could end up at supervisory levels or even managing director of a company. WOW!
You’ve got to look for a gap, where competitors in a market have grown lazy and lost contact with the readers or the viewers but the most imperative rule to always follow as a customer helpline/sale apprentice is:
Rule 1: The customer is always right.
Rule 2: If the customer is ever wrong, re-read Rule 1.
Find customer helpline/sale apprenticeships via Careermap.